Anyone interested in doing a fanmix exchange?
Today I was thinking about a wip and thought “I wish someone would make a fanmix of that so I had some music to write to”. And then I realised that could become a reality! Here’s the idea:
- Everyone has five keywords/phrases/hashtags to describe the kind of mix they want
- Like #robots #mystery #instrumental #not daft punk I already have that covered #flirty
- Or it could be #seasonal #cheery #I hate my family tho #christmas romance is good #maybe a Phlint spin?
- Put your keywords/phrases/hashtags in my askbox or submit them.
- Whoever gets that prompt makes a mix of eight songs (minimum), then uploads it to 8tracks.com, and then puts a link to the mix in the recipients submit. Or their askbox I guess.
- So you’d have to have submit/askbox on to get your mix.
- But the cool thing is that in giving a mix you can be anon if you want! Just make an 8tracks account that can’t be linked to you and log out to submit. (I’d know who you are, but I won’t tell and after it’s over I’ll forget who was paired with who anyway.)
- Signups end… 15th December.
- Mixes would be due… 31st of December (but you can give them to your recipient whenever if you finish before then).
By signing up you’d be committing to make a mix, as well as receive one. And it’d be great if some people would be willing to pinch hit? And if you’re not gonna get it done by the deadline then let me know ASAP so I can fling the assignment to someone else.
ETA: Drop me an ask/reblog to sign up. Those of you who have commented to show your interest I’ll shoot an ask off to anyway, but tumblr notes are a bit squiffy atm. In theory I’ll get everyone’s hashtag prompts by the 15th/16th, and assignments will go out 16th/17th. FINGERS CROSSED.